Change is Coming – let's plan the future
Porirua city is growing and changing – more warm, dry homes are needed for current and future generations. How do we balance this growth with the need to ensure the wellbeing of people and the environment – while keeping what’s unique about eastern Porirua?
We want to ensure voices and aspirations of the community are reflected and incorporated in the development in eastern Porirua, so are engaging widely with residents and community stakeholders. Communities will get to have their say on how we balance the need for more housing and services with the need to ensure the wellbeing of people and the environment.
We're running a series of sessions in the coming weeks. The four main sessions and dates are below, but we'll be adding others throughout November and December, including sessions with specific groups too – for more info keep an eye on our Facebook events page @PoriruaDevelopment
Join us to talk about:
• how eastern Porirua could grow and change
• what future housing and facilities could look like
• infrastructure and what needs fixing
• home ownership, affordability and housing stability
• some of the challenges change could bring
• opportunities for residents and businesses.
Come along for some kai and a kōrero:
• Thursday 7 November, 6–7.30pm, Tairangi School Hall, 3 Omapere St, Waitangirua – CANCELLED
• Wednesday 13 November, 10–12am, Porirua Gospel Chapel
• Thursday 14 November, 6–7.30pm, Maraeroa Marae, 216 Warspite Ave, Waitangirua
• Thursday 21 November, 6–7.30pm, Mungavin Hall Supper Room, 27a Mungavin Ave, Rānui
• Tuesday 26 November 6–7.30pm, Freedom House, 174 Bedford Street, Cannons Creek
Nau mai, haere mai – all are welcome.
• Tuesday 19 November, 6–7.30pm, session for Mātāwaka, Maraeroa Marae, 216 Warspite Ave, Waitangirua
• Tuesday 10 December, 11am–1pm, Let's plan an accesible future session – Freedom House, 174 Bedford Street, Cannons Creek.
• Wednesday 11 December, 6–8pm, session for the Cook Islands community, Nuanua Kindergarten, 5a Warspite Ave
• Thursday 12 December, 6–8pm, session for the Fijian community, Nuanua Kindergarten, 5a Warspite Ave
• Saturday 14 December, 11am–1pm, session for the Samoan community, Congregational Christian Church in Samoa, 109 Castor Cres
• Monday 16 December, 6.30–8.30pm, session for the Tongan community, Whanau Manaaki Kindergarten, Unit F, 15 John Seddon Drive
• Tuesday 17 December, 6–8pm, session for the Tokelau community, 13 Kivell Street, Rānui
• Wednesday 18 December, 6–8pm, session for the Niue community, Nuanua Kindergarten, 5a Warspite Ave
• Saturday 21 December, 11am–1pm, session for the Tuvalu community, 4 Loongana Street, Waitangirua.