Change is Coming – let's plan the future
Porirua city is growing and changing – more warm, dry homes are needed for current and future generations. How do we balance this growth with the need to ensure the wellbeing of people and the environment – while keeping what’s unique about eastern Porirua?
We want to ensure voices and aspirations of the community are reflected and incorporated in the development in eastern Porirua, so are engaging widely with residents and community stakeholders. Communities will get to have their say on how we balance the need for more housing and services with the need to ensure the wellbeing of people and the environment.
We're running a series of sessions in the coming weeks. The four main sessions and dates are below, but we'll be adding others throughout November and December, including sessions with specific groups too – for more info keep an eye on our Facebook events page @PoriruaDevelopment
Join us to talk about:
• how eastern Porirua could grow and change
• what future housing and facilities could look like
• infrastructure and what needs fixing
• home ownership, affordability and housing stability
• some of the challenges change could bring
• opportunities for residents and businesses.
Come along for some kai and a kōrero – we’ll be starting at 6pm:
• Thursday 7 November, 6–7.30pm, Tairangi School Hall, 3 Omapere St, Waitangirua – CANCELLED
• Thursday 14 November, 6–7.30pm, Maraeroa Marae, 216 Warspite Ave, Waitangirua
• Tuesday 19 November, 6–7.30pm, session for Mātāwaka, Maraeroa Marae, 216 Warspite Ave, Waitangirua
• Thursday 21 November, 6–7.30pm, Mungavin Hall Supper Room, 27a Mungavin Ave, Rānui
• Tuesday 26 November 6–7.30pm, Freedom House, 174 Bedford Street, Cannons Creek.
Nau mai, haere mai – all are welcome.