Share Your Voice – what you said
We’ve been talking with residents of eastern Porirua, to listen and understand their views about what they value and like about their neighbourhoods and what could change with the opportunities that the redevelopment will bring.
The topics for discussion have included housing, getting around the area, the environment, parks and open spaces, shopping and town centres, and community facilities and services. We will incorporate this feedback when we prepare a comprehensive plan to guide the project.
Here's what people said in first four Share Your Voice sessions:
We've also run sessions with the Lao community and new migrants. You can read what they said here:
We've also pulled everyone's thoughts and ideas by each topic:
• getting around [pdf 421kb]
• parks and open spaces [pdf 481 kb]
• environment (plants and wildlife) [pdf 287 kb]
• town centres [pdf 397 kb]
• housing [pdf 421kb]
• community facilities [pdf 709kb]
• hot topics [pdf 498kb]
• bright ideas [pdf 381kb]
• accessibility (collected from across the topics above) [pdf 371kb]